Re: Postgres 8.2.x support on Windows 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howard Cole
Subject Re: Postgres 8.2.x support on Windows 2008
Date
List pgsql-general
Raji Sridar (raji) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if Postgres 8.2.x is supported on Windows 2008 (32
> bit). If not, what is version of Postgres supported on Windows 2008? PLs
> let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Raji

Hi Raji,

Windows Server 2008 is excellent (Sorry if I upset any *nix fanbois).
And has the vista aero rubbish as an optional addon (i.e. don't do it!)

I have been running the 8.3.6. windows build on the 64bit version of
windows 2008 for the last month or so and so far it is working seamlessly.

For those that do not have the option of running postgres on a *nix
machine I recommend it.

Howard.
www.selestial.com