Re: Script Repository - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Script Repository
Date
List pgsql-novice
Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does postgres has any script repository where admin, performance
> tuning/optimization, monitoring db health etcscript related scripts
> can be shared ?
>
> Thanks

Sounds like the kind of thing that could be shared on the wiki
(http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Main_Page).

Unfortunately the wiki is reasonably well hidden for such a potentially
valuable resource. A visitor looking for such information might expect
it to be linked from the main page. Or at least referenced under the
category "documentation". But, alas, you must poke around under
"community", stumble over to "resources" (with its importance cleverly
de-emphasized by being only mentioned in an inline link mid-sentence).
If you follow that link you will find the wiki as the third entry among
resources.

Note: while I do think that the wiki should be more obvious, I do not
intend the above sarcasm to be a knock on the people involved. The
website has improved dramatically over the last few years and I can't
think of any other open-source project with the quantity, quality and
range of documentation available. There is so much available that it
becomes difficult to arrange it in a quick 'n' easy way.

Cheers,
Steve