Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Frankly, what we have here is a large patch, with insanely difficult
> correctness requirements, written by a Postgres newbie.  If it doesn't
> scare you, you haven't been paying attention.  We have a long track
> record of problems with patches written by people who thought they were
> ready to do major backend hacking without having bitten off some smaller
> chunks first.

If that was the case, why didn't you say it 4 months ago?  It seems
rather unfair to Kaigai and everyone else who worked on it to be getting
cold feet about the entire concept after several months of debugging.

--Josh Berkus