Re: Bundling PostgreSQL with an application - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grant Allen
Subject Re: Bundling PostgreSQL with an application
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Paul Vercellotti <pvercello@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I hope this hasn't been covered in FAQ's; I couldn't find it specifically
>> mentioned.   So we'd like to build a single-user application that uses
>> PostgreSQL as a database back end because of so many of the unique things
>
> Assuming you're running windows, there's a silent install mode switch
> in there somewhere made just for this purpose.  Search the archives or
> wait an hour or so for someone to say what it is. :)

The /qn switch for the msi is the "really silent" option.  You need to pass in values for the SERVICEDOMAIN,
SERVICEUSER,SUPERPASSWORD, INTERNALLAUNCH and BASEDIR parameters.  The documentation is pretty good on this, and I'd
recommendtesting it quite a bit, as there were a few quirks for me to get it to work consistently.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Dazed and confused about technology for 20 years
http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/