Re: a proposal for an extendable deparser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: a proposal for an extendable deparser
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Gudeman wrote:
> I don't need to add new node types or add any syntax; it is the output that
> I'm concerned with. What I want is a way to print a tree according to some
> pretty strict rules. For example, I want a special syntax for function RTEs
> and I don't want the v::type notation to be output (the flag to turn it off
> doesn't do what I want).

This will become useful for SQL/MED connectors to other databases. Other
DBMSs have slightly different syntax, and with something like this you
could still use ruleutils.c for the deparsing, but tweak it slightly for
the target database.