Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii,

>> Again, I'm not planning to get rid of any existing capabilities
>
> Good
>
>> unless necessary.
>
> That is not a caveat I will accept, a priori.

While Simon stated it a bit strongly, I think it's important that you
alert people if you think you have to remove existing features in order
to make easy standby possible.  It's possible that features which seem
trivial to you are used extensively by people with particular failover
requirements.

--Josh