Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric B.Ridge
Subject Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 09:25  PM, Martijn van Oosterhout
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:56:13PM -0500, Eric B. Ridge wrote:
>> Is there no keyword for getting the DEFAULT value of a column when
>> doing an INSERT?  I know, just don't specify the columns, but with
>> RULEs (and how we're using 'em), we could really use something like
>> this.  How hard would this be to implement?  And where would one do
>> it?
>
> It's there, I beleive added in 7.3 (or was it 7.2?). Very cool, no?

<short pause while RTFM>... yep, it's there in 7.3.  That is cool!

But my suggestion of NEW inheriting the DEFAULT value when not
specified in ON INSERT RULEs still stands (I just checked the docs, it
ain't there).

eric