Re: SocketException: Connection reset - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: SocketException: Connection reset
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
zxcv@infoweb.cz wrote:

> \"jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/my\", propsDB);

> attempt number 69
> Exception in thread \"main\"
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection
> attempt failed.

> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection
> reset
>         at
> java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)

> org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:259)
>         at
> org.postgresql.core.v2.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:207)

Does anything appear in the PostgreSQL server logs? Try turning up
logging verbosity and see if you get anything informative when logging
is set to debug level.

Do you have a virus scanner or firewall product installed on the
machine? If so, does the problem go away if you UNINSTALL (not merely
disable) the product then run "netsh interface ip reset c:\resetlog.txt"
in cmd.exe ? I repeat, in many cases disabling firewall/AV products is
NOT sufficient, they must often be UNINSTALLED to get rid of the filter
drivers that cause problems.

--
Craig Ringer