Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Marshall, Steve wrote:
> Any thoughts on whether or not this patch should be included in a future
> PostgreSQL release?  If so, any thoughts on additional testing, etc,
> that needs to be done?  Should the patch be added to a minor release of
> 8.3, or only included forward in 8.4?  In my opinion, this is a pretty
> serious error causing some major problems and workarounds in systems I
> am working on, should I would vote for inclusion in minor releases.
>
> The post below seems to have become disassociated from the rest of the
> thread on this bug, perhaps because it was issued in February, and the
> rest of the thread was posted in January.  Is there any way to make the
> mailing list archives link these messages back to the rest of the
> thread?

Hi!

Sorry, I've been unable to track this thread properly as it happened tue
to travelling, but I've tried to read back through it now.

What's the timing of the errors? Is there a chance that we are sending
the kill signal before the signal handling thread has actually started
*and created the named pipe*? We set up the signal handling stuff pretty
early, but we do seem to let the postmaster continue it's work before
it's up...

Going back to your tests, did it ever require more than one retry?

//Magnus