Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There's been very little patch review going on, with a couple
> of notable exceptions like Thom and Noah, and not a lot of new patch
> versions from patch authors either, again with a few exceptions, like
> Dimitri.  So it's not terribly surprising that progress is very slow.
> I'm not sure what to do about that, either: it doesn't seem very fair
> to start booting patches things that are in relatively good shape, but
> on the other hand I'm not willing to single-handedly (or even with
> both hands) take on the task of reviewing everything that nobody else
> is paying attention to.

Right.  IMO the point of setting a deadline would be to try to light a
fire under people who have been letting reviewing and patch-updating
slide.  I don't want to arbitrarily boot a lot of small patches that
could have gotten done, but I don't want the active committers to be the
only ones pushing things to completion, either.