Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
List pgsql-general
Gregory Stark wrote:
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:

3. Date handling
Sometimes I've got data with invalid dates and it would be great if it
could replace all the bad ones with, say "0000-00-00".
Oh dear $DEITY, no.
I think it would be best if we limited ourselves right now to discussing the
problems themselves and not debating the pros and cons of possible solutions.

I want to encourage people to post their peeves even if they know perfectly
well the reasons why things are the way they are.

Fair enough.

My big pg_dump peeve: the inability to dump a function-definition with pg_dump.

Cheers,
Steve