Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Fielder
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
Re: Pet Peeves?
List pgsql-general
I have 2, closely related:

1) if I have multiple pids running queries, say all selects, I have no
idea which pid is running which query

and that ties to:
2) If I try to kill 1 postgres pid (e.g. to abort a bad query), the
whole backend shuts down and rolls back.
Can we get a way to look at and then kill a specific bad query?

Maybe this is not missing functionality, it can do it and I just don't
know how.  Anybody want to wisen me up?  :)

Terry

Terry Fielder
terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085