Re: New 8.4 hot standby feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Long
Subject Re: New 8.4 hot standby feature
Date
List pgsql-general
Fujii Masao wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Gabi Julien <gabi.julien@broadsign.com> wrote:
Yes, the logs are shipped every minute but the recevory is 3 or 4 times
longer.
Are you disabling full_page_writes? It may slow down recovery several times.

Thanks I will take a look at it. Also, I came across the record log shipping
feature too in my research:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html#WARM-STANDBY-RECORD

Could this help? If the logs are smaller then I could potentially afford
shipping then at a higher frequency.
No. Even if the logs are shipped frequently, they cannot be applied until
the log file fills.

Regards,

Is pg_clearxlogtail going to be in contrib or integrated in some other way?