Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 23:59:46 Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Marko Kreen wrote:

>>> Nice to know. :)   I feel that even if we decide to do our own
>>> solution it would be good to try existing solution first.
>> IIRC, we already installed and tried this a while ago. I don't remember
>> exactly what it failed on, but there was something pretty clear. But
>> maybe it's been fixed by now.
>
> Details?  I find no public record of this.

I don't recall specifically :-( Which in itself might mean it's
worthwhile to make another try. But i recall trying that one and
reviewboard, and none of them was what we needed.

If you look at Berkus' list of required features (if you haven't seen
it, I'm sure he'll be happy to send you a copy), you will see that it
doesn't come close. We can always argue if his list is reasonable :-),
but that's just a fact. It has nothing about round-robin reviewers. It
has no keep-track-of-nagging features. It has no integration with our
mail archives. At least it didn't then - it also appears to have no
online documentation, so I can't easily check now :-P

//Magnus