Re: Rollback of Query Cancellation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From justin
Subject Re: Rollback of Query Cancellation
Date
List pgsql-general

Abdul Rahman wrote:
Dear All,

Yesterday I canceled a running query because it was taking long time (more than 12 minutes) to delete lots of records. Today when I executed the same query it hardly took few seconds to finish. It clearly explores that PostgreSQL does not perform rollback action. Is it true?

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

The transaction would have been rolled back.  this makes me think the delete was wrapped in individual transactions for a set of records or per record. With out more information an intelligent answer is kind of hard to give.

What does the sql statement look like?
Where was the statement run?
How was the statement killed?
What do the logs show?