Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

>> 1) having the last CF on Nov. 1 was a mistake.  That put us square in the
>> path of the US & Christian holidays during the critical integration phase ..
>> which means we haven't really had 3 months of integration, we've had *two*.

Actually, I'm thinking about this again, and made a mistake about the
mistake.  The *original plan* was that we were not going to accept any
new patches for Nov-CF.  Just revised patches from eariler Fests.  We
didn't stick to that, which is mostly why we are still reviewing now.

--Josh