Re: "tablespace" for tranaction log? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: "tablespace" for tranaction log?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thomas Finneid escreveu:
> But my question is, since I can do this with tablespace for tables,
> indexes and so on, is there any possibilites to do a similar thing for
> the transaction log from inside postgres? as in

No. Because transaction log is for the entire cluster and it is too risky to
do such a change when the server is running. You need to stop the database and
make the change. Also, you can setup the xlog to a different location at
initdb time.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/