SE-PostgreSQL on Linux.conf.au 2009 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject SE-PostgreSQL on Linux.conf.au 2009
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Currently, Linux.conf.au 2009 is held on Hobart, Tasmania.

I had to plan to talk about SE-PostgreSQL and related stuff,
but it became unavailable to attend the conference due to
the recent economic circumstances unfortunately. :(

Russell Coker is one of the core developers in SELinux community.
He volunteered to give talks about these stuffs on the slot instead
of me, though he was also supposed to talk about SELinux in Debian.

He also noted that audiences were reasonably interested, and an attendee
introduced SE-PostgreSQL in his session later, as follows:
http://etbe.coker.com.au/2009/01/19/security-enhanced-postgresql/
http://etbe.coker.com.au/2009/01/20/status-se-linux-debian-lca2009/http://etbe.coker.com.au/2009/01/22/se-lapp/

Slide for the talks are available here:

* SE-PostgreSQL - "system wide" consistency in access controls - (Mon Jan 19, OSS Database miniconf)
http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/LCA20090119-sepgsql.pdf

* LAPP/SELinux - A secure web application platform powered by SELinux - (Tue Jan 20, Linux Security miniconf)
http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/LCA20090120-lapp-selinux.pdf

I'm happy, if you become interested in these features more.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>