Re: tsearch with Turkish locale ( was Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: tsearch with Turkish locale ( was Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> ========================
>>  5 of 120 tests failed. ========================
>>
>> This is on a Fedora-9 x86 box, and:
>>
>> -bash-3.2$ rpm -qv glibc
>> glibc-2.8-8.i686
>
> Interesting. On my notebook all is ok.
> % uname -a
> FreeBSD ... 7.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p2
>
> Is any possibility of broken locale?

Assuming that the locales on FreeBSD are the same or closely related to
the ones on Mac OS X, I would rather say that the BSD locales are
broken, because they don't actually support the Turkish case conversion
rules:

regression=# show lc_ctype;  lc_ctype
(1 row)

regression=# select lower('SKIES'); lower
------- skies
(1 row)

regression=# select upper('skies'); upper
------- SKIES
(1 row)

Thus, the problem that the glibc locales appear to expose is masked here.