Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Here's an updated version of the psql backslash patch that should
>> apply cleanly to the current HEAD. To recap, this makes all the \dX
>> commands (most importantly to most: \df) work like \dt does, in that it
>> requires a \dXS to see system items. See the archives for much more
>> discussion on the issue.
>
> Patch applied, thanks.

This patch has annoyed me twice in two days now, and similarly with
other people I know.  Having to type \dfS now is about the worst loss of
usability in psql that I can recall.  Can we reconsider or revert this?