Odd duplicate database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Odd duplicate database
Date
Re: Odd duplicate database  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

   My devel server has some wierdness happening. I tried to drop the
database (reload from a copy from the production server) and I got this
weird error:

pg_dump: query returned more than one (2) pg_database entry for database
"nexxia"

   So I logged in as postgres and checked, and sure enough:

template1=# \l
         List of databases
     Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
------------+----------+----------
  deadswitch | digimer  | UTF8
  nexxia     | digimer  | UTF8
  nexxia     | digimer  | UTF8
  postgres   | postgres | UTF8
  template0  | postgres | UTF8
  template1  | postgres | UTF8
(6 rows)

   So I tried to drop the database(s?) from the shell:

template1=# DROP DATABASE nexxia ;
DROP DATABASE
template1=# \l
         List of databases
     Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
------------+----------+----------
  deadswitch | digimer  | UTF8
  nexxia     | digimer  | UTF8
  postgres   | postgres | UTF8
  template0  | postgres | UTF8
  template1  | postgres | UTF8
(5 rows)

template1=# DROP DATABASE nexxia ;
ERROR:  database "nexxia" does not exist

   So I still have a phantom DB there. This is still true after stopping
and restarting the daemon, too. When I try to connect to the database I
get this:

template1=# \c nexxia
FATAL:  database "nexxia" does not exist
Previous connection kept

   Does this mean a connection is still open somewhere? If so, how did
it survive the daemon restarting? More specifically, how do I clear it?

Thanks!

Madi