Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Who has integrated multi-master (transaction and power outage safe)
> replication now?
As far as I recall, nobody there was that specific about the form of
it.  PostgreSQL arguably has non-integrated multi-master replication
now, and I've seen log-based implementations which operated through
daily dial-up connectivity as far back as 1984.  (Statewide in Alaska,
and city-wide in New York City, neither of which could afford to keep
full-time communications up for all the relevant sites.)
I did point out the options mentioned here for PostgreSQL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-master_replication
-Kevin