Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Date
List pgsql-performance
Greg Smith wrote:
> Right, this is why I only rely on Linux deployments using a name I
> trust: Dell.
>
> Returning to reality, the idea that there are brands you can buy that
> make all your problems go away is rather optimistic.  The number of
> "branded" servers I've seen that are just nearly or completely worthless
> for database use is rather depressing.

Well, of course, they won't make *all* your problems go away. But still,
I'd much rather have an IBM or HP or Dell server running Windows 2003 or
RHEL or SLES than some no-name hardware running Fedora or Ubuntu.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P), WOM