Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1389) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1389)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>
>> Could you deliver "bool validate" to the validate_string_relopt callback?
>> In this specification, invoked callback cannot know whether it should
>> really raise an error for invalid reloption, or not.
>
> Hmm, would it be better to not call the validation callback at all if
> validate is not true?

In my preference, it is better to invoke the validation callback with
a validate flag, because it enables to give guest of subsystem a chance
to print notice without raising an error when the "value" is invalid
but "validate" is false.

However, both options are acceptable for me. It's your decision.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>