Re: [BUGS] BUG #4186: set lc_messages does not work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #4186: set lc_messages does not work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> Yes, I think that'll be needed. Exactly what is wrong and needs to be
>> changed? (Copying DAve in on this since he builds the MSI)
>>
>> Is it possible to build this one with the same version of MSVC? If it
>> is, then that should remove the need for #2, right?
>
> Maybe so but what I built was gettext-0.17 and the README.woe32 says
>
>     This file explains how to create binaries for the mingw
> execution             environment.....
>     MS Visual C/C++ with "nmake" is no longer supported.
>
> BTW gettext-0.14.4 has both README.mingw and README.woe32. REAME.woe32
> seems to be for MSVC build.

They are so annoying...

Anyway, if they don't support it, we shuldn't try to force it. Let's go
down the path that they will have different ones, and make getenv() and
friends update both.

Do you want to send an updated patch for it, or do you want me to look
at it?

//Magus