Re: 9.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: 9.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 21:04 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> Clearly, they have had enough time to practice on 8.2.9 -> 8.2.10 or
>> whatever.
>>

> Oh, I spent 2 weeks in order to get used to typing 2 digits instead of 1
> digit :P

Perhaps we should also adopt an ubuntu-like strategy of naming the
releases.  That'll give people the impression of major version changes
instead of the number.  For example, perhaps the next version could be
code named "Cornucopious Core" or something ;-)   Kind of like "Hardy
Heron", or "Dapper Dan" .  I think today people tend to refer to the
name of the release rather than the version...

I, of course, am not totally serious here...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.