Re: Allow vacuumdb to only analyze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From decibel
Subject Re: Allow vacuumdb to only analyze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 27, 2009, at 11:31 AM, decibel wrote:
>> It does seem somewhat useful to be able to analyze all databases
>> easily from the command-line, but putting it into vacuumdb is
>> certainly a hack.
> So... do we want a completely separate analyzedb command? That
> seems like far overkill.
>
> Arguably there are yet other things you'd want to do across an
> entire cluster, so perhaps what we really want is a 'clusterrun' or
> 'clustercmd' command?

No one else has commented, so I'm guessing that means no one is
opposed to allowing for vacuumdb to just analyze. If anyone else
objects to this please speak up before I put the final touches on the
patch...
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org