Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 18:32:50 Tom Lane wrote:
>>> How can we stick all of these in the same column at the same time?
>> Why would we want to?
>
> Because we want to use SQL-based row access control and SELinux-based row
> access control at the same time.  Isn't this exactly one of the objections
> upthread?  Both must be available at the same time.

Please make clear the meaning of "use".
As you said, if your concern is based on packaging/distributing issue,
I suggested an alternative proposal which allows to compile multiple
security mechanism and to choose one of them on runtime.

> We can debate the merits of having, say, SELinux plus Solaris TX at the same
> time, but if we can have two as per previous paragraph, we should design for
> several.

What platform is available for both of SELinux and Solaris TX?
I think it is exactly compile-time issue.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>