Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]  (Melanie <melanie@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>
>>> We have done so for years. The origin of each third party distro is
>>> clearly marked.
>> Well, I'm still desperately unhappy with the concept that all it takes
>> to get listed on that page is a request from someone who's not even
>> known in the community.  At the *minimum* we should have some kind of
>> commitment to push updates promptly (especially security ones) ...
>> which probably means someone from that group joining pgsql-packagers.
>
> I am not sure this is even relevant honestly. Its a portal page just as
> google is a portal page. The ability for a project/company/person to
> maintain the software they have listed is up to them not us.

Yes, but then they should have their own web pages.

Quasi official releases should be the source release and all packagings
that follow the pgsql-packagers routine and policies.  That we have
pretty good control over.

Everything else is just someone's random stuff, and while I have no
issue with that being listed somewhere on the web site, it should be a
separate page from the quasi official releases.