Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> And log the explain plans to a
> file so we can look for at what statistics targets the plan changed?

Well, I can give you explain analyze output for
default_statistics_target 10 and 50, for whatever that's worth.

Unfortunately I blew my save from the first run with target 50, but it
ran much faster than the first run of target 10 (attached), I think it
was about 2.8 seconds.  That may or may not be due to the right pages
being cached by coincidence.  The machine with the target 50 run was
serving the web app at the time, so there was significant other load,
while the other was idle except as a replicaton target at the time of
the run.

-Kevin

Attachment