HN discussion: Gitlab becomes Postgresql only (drops MySQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Habets, Jeroen
Subject HN discussion: Gitlab becomes Postgresql only (drops MySQL)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Spotted this Hacker News discussion:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20342060

of Gitlab's blog post "Why we're ending support for MySQL in 12.1"
https://about.gitlab.com/2019/06/27/removing-mysql-support/
and what features of Postgesql that MySQL lacks made them decide to drop MySQL support.

In all honesty, that they didn't use MySQL themselves and had low MySQL usage, was probably the most decisive. Still,
discussionson relative advantages of Postgresql amount to advocacy in my book.

Cheers,
Jeroen