Re: Increasing pattern index query speed - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Increasing pattern index query speed
Date
Re: Increasing pattern index query speed
List pgsql-performance
Andrus wrote:
> Richard and Mario,
>
>> You can't use xxx_pattern_ops indexes for non-pattern tests.
>
> I missed regular index. Sorry for that. Now issue with testcase is
> solved. Thank you very much.
>
> I researched issue in live 8.1.4 db a bit more.
> Performed vacuum and whole db reindex.
> Tried several times to run two same pattern queries in quiet db.

And the results were?

> additonal condition

One problem at a time. Let's get the pattern-matching speed problems on
your live server sorted, then we can look at different queries.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd