Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: TODO item: adding VERBOSE option to CLUSTER [with patch]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Additional processing information as discussed later in the thread
can
> now be added easily, but I think there was no consensus on what
exactly
> to print.
Since I use CLUSTER almost exclusively to eliminate bloat, I'd like to
see the before and after value for pg_total_relation_size for each
table.  Some didn't seem terribly interested in that, as they use the
command primarily to sequence the heap, so some measure(s) of how
out-of-order the heap was would make sense.
We are talking about an option named VERBOSE, so there's no real
reason not to throw in all useful information.
-Kevin