Re: Compiling on HP-UX 10.20 fails - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: Compiling on HP-UX 10.20 fails
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Configure already does error out if threading is requested for this>> platform ;-).

We are not seeing that behavior; at least for 8.3.5 tarball.  configure
succeeds and with my patch, libpq builds and runs just fine.
>> The question in my mind is if we want to take any>> additional trouble for an OS version long out of support by its
maker.>>I'd vote not, even though I still use it ...

We still find this old fart in the field, not a couple of them but quite
a few.

> We shouldn't be wasting time
> on dinosaurs.

Nobody had to, a patch was tested and provided by a brilliant engineer ;-)

I'm actually quite indifferent to this.  I just think the configure
should fail with "unsupported option for platform" error, which Tom says
it should be doing, or something like my patch be applied.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC