Bug fix request for 08.03.0400 ( was [BUGS] Behavior change of FK info query) - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Luiz K. Matsumura
Subject Bug fix request for 08.03.0400 ( was [BUGS] Behavior change of FK info query)
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

There are some chance to implement also correction for this bug:

http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1010303&group_id=1000125&atid=538
?

I attached a path for a change made on info.c of release 08.03.0300 source.
I tested it with postgres 8.0 , 8.1 , 8.2 and 8.3 server and works fine.

This is just a change on one query made by PGAPI_Columns function as
showed bellow

.
.
.
(line 2066)
    /*
     * Create the query to find out the columns (Note: pre 6.3 did not
     * have the atttypmod field)
     */
    op_string = gen_opestr(like_or_eq, conn);
    if (conn->schema_support)
    {
        strncpy(columns_query,
            "select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname"
            ", case when t.typtype = 'd' then t.typbasetype else
a.atttypid end as atttypid"
            ", coalesce(bt.typname, t.typname ) AS typname, a.attnum,
a.attlen"
            ", case when t.typtype = 'd' then t.typtypmod else
a.atttypmod end as atttypmod"
            ", a.attnotnull, c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid, d.adsrc"
            " from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join
pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on n.oid = c.relnamespace",
            sizeof(columns_query));
        if (search_by_ids)
            snprintf_add(columns_query, sizeof(columns_query), " and
c.oid = %u", reloid);
        else
        {
            if (escTableName)
                snprintf_add(columns_query, sizeof(columns_query), " and
c.relname %s'%s'", op_string, escTableName);
            schema_strcat1(columns_query, " and n.nspname %s'%.*s'",
op_string, escSchemaName, SQL_NTS, szTableName, cbTableName, conn);
        }
        strcat(columns_query, ") inner join pg_catalog.pg_attribute a"
            " on (not a.attisdropped)");
        if (0 == attnum && (NULL == escColumnName || like_or_eq != eqop))
            strcat(columns_query, " and a.attnum > 0");
        if (search_by_ids)
        {
            if (attnum != 0)
                snprintf_add(columns_query, sizeof(columns_query), " and
a.attnum = %d", attnum);
        }
        else if (escColumnName)
            snprintf_add(columns_query, sizeof(columns_query), " and
a.attname %s'%s'", op_string, escColumnName);
        strcat(columns_query,
            " and a.attrelid = c.oid)"
            " inner join pg_catalog.pg_type t on t.oid = a.atttypid)"
            " left outer join pg_attrdef d on a.atthasdef and d.adrelid
= a.attrelid and d.adnum = a.attnum"
            " left outer join pg_type bt on t.typtype = 'd' and
t.typbasetype = bt.oid" );
        strcat(columns_query, " order by n.nspname, c.relname, attnum");
    }

I will be really happy if this can be fixed.

Best Regards

Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Ok, agree. I will prepare it.
> Then, I need carefully packaging.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>
>

>> 2008/11/4 Hiroshi Saito <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp>:
>>
>>> Furthermore, I think it good to use libpq by which 8.3.5 was released.
>>> So, it is better to pack up 08.03.0310.?
>>>
>>> to Dave and Inoue-san.
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> 08.03.0400 sounds better to me.
>>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com
>>
>> --

Luiz K. Matsumura
Plan IT Tecnologia Informática Ltda.

2074,2077c2074,2079
<             "select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname, a.atttypid"
<                ", t.typname, a.attnum, a.attlen, a.atttypmod, a.attnotnull"
<             ", c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid, d.adsrc from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c"
<             " inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on n.oid = c.relnamespace",
---
>             "select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname"
>             ", case when t.typtype = 'd' then t.typbasetype else a.atttypid end as atttypid"
>             ", coalesce(bt.typname, t.typname ) AS typname, a.attnum, a.attlen"
>             ", case when t.typtype = 'd' then t.typtypmod else a.atttypmod end as atttypmod"
>             ", a.attnotnull, c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid, d.adsrc"
>             " from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on n.oid = c.relnamespace",
2099,2101c2101,2104