Re: Annoying Reply-To - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Collin Kidder
Subject Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date
Re: Annoying Reply-To  (Rainer Pruy <Rainer.Pruy@Acrys.COM>)
List pgsql-general
>> I resent that you're trying to make this a personal thing.
>>

> I was going to answer the rest of this email, then I realized that the
> real problem was right here, and discussing anything else was dancing
> around the issue and wasting time.
>
> You can resent it or not, but this _is_ a personal thing.  It's personal
> because you are the only one complaining about it.  Despite the large
> number of people on this list, I don't see anyone jumping in to defend
> you.
>
> I'm not saying your problems aren't real, I'm just saying you're apparently
> the only person in this community that has enough trouble with them to
> take the time to start a discussion.  To that degree, the problem is
> very personal to you.

I was going to stay out of this but I'll jump in and defend him. The
people on this list are so pedantic, so sure that their way is the only
way that they absolutely rain nuclear fire down on anyone who dares to
disagree. And you wonder why no one sprang to his defense???

And, I do agree with him on this issue.