Re: Chart of Accounts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From justin
Subject Re: Chart of Accounts
Date
List pgsql-general
because a credit account is a liability account aka a negative account so credit a credit account causes it to go UP not down.  Look a your bank statement it says Credit you $500 when you make a deposit  its a debit to you a credit to the bank in a credit account as its a liability to the bank.

to be way over general Credits are negative entries and Debits are positive entries.

Another Way to think about it is Are you Exporting or Importing, it depends on which side of the equations you are on.  When ever i try to explain importing and exporting to the accountants its my sweet revenge :-).