Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date
Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
List pgsql-general
Mikkel Høgh wrote:
> On 14/10/2008, at 11.40, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

> That might be true, if the only demographic you are looking for are
> professional DBAs, but if you're looking to attract more developers, not
> having sensible defaults is not really a good thing.
> While I'll probably take the time to learn more about how to tune
> PostgreSQL, the common Drupal-developer developer will probably just say
> "Ah, this is slow, I'll just go back to MySQL…".

Developers should be familiar with the platforms they develop for. If
they are not and they are not willing to learn them they shouldn't use it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake