Re: Improve dump and restore time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pascal Cohen
Subject Re: Improve dump and restore time
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks,
in fact I also expected a couple of hours and I was surprised by this
result.
I will have a look to the hardware (unfortunately not before next week now).

Thanks again.

Rasper, Franz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Normally it should be done in between 1 and 4 hours.
> Fastest version is maybe
>
> pg_dump ...  | psql ...
>
> 27 hours is in my opinion a little bit to much.
> What is your hardware ?
>
> Greetings,
>
> -Franz

8.3I have read that the only safe solution is to perform a dump and restore.