Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> At the past, I had considered to implement polyinstantiated table
>>> as a part of SE-PostgreSQL, but it required us unacceptable scale
>>> of changes, so I dropped the idea.
>> The TrustedSolaris folks would like polyinstantiation, but I don't know
>> if they actually have anyone working on Postgres anymore.
>
> I think polyinstantiation is an issue that will need much more research
> before deciding on impelemeting it.

As of this April, they didn't have a plan to implement polyinstantiation
at the row-level, but considered it in per-table granularity.
Of course, they also understood row-level polyinstantiation is a tough work.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>