Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)
Date
Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> * Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> [080924 00:15]:
>
>>                                                       But I do think
>> it's worthwhile to ask whether it makes sense to introduce a bunch of
>> features that are only usable to people running SELinux.
>
> Actually, I'ld go one stroke farther, and ask:
>   Does it make sense to introduce a bunch of features that are only
>   usable to people *able to write proper SELinux policy sets* (or whatever
>   they are called).

I consider this a valid concern, but given that some people want MAC and
no one has shown a better way to implement MAC than SELinux, you can
hardly use that as an objection against this particular patch.