Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Proposal: move column defaults into pg_attribute along with attacl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Yah.  However, I started to look at doing this and immediately hit a
> stumbling block: we need a representation in pg_depend for a column's
> default expression (as distinct from the column itself).

Just to understand the issue here: what's the reason for having an OID
for the default value and possible another one for a ACLs, but none for
the attribute itself?

Why don't we just have a unique OID for pg_attribute (i.e. drop the
BKI_WITHOUT_OIDS of pg_attribute) and merge in the default values and ACLs?

Regards

Markus Wanner