Re: Autocommit, isolation level, and vacuum behavior - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: Autocommit, isolation level, and vacuum behavior
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2008-09-12 15:52, Jack Orenstein wrote:

> Sorry, I misspoke. I have an index, but preferred doing a scan without
> the index in this case.

Why?

The only reason I can think of is that you'd like to avoid disk seeking.
But you get at most 1 row in 30 seconds, so disk latency (only several
milliseconds) can be ignored.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you