Re: Better auth errors from libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: Better auth errors from libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:30:12PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Which is exactly why its the first thing we do when supporting
>>> people.  Point them to the URL in the docs.
>> Let's add a new field in error reports: errurl()
>
> Excellent idea :)
>
> Cheers,
> David.

If you start using urls in error messages, it might be helpful to point
everything at a single url and only change the query_string, maybe....

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/?err_id

Not sure if err_id is the correct value for the query_string, but I'm
sure something like the above would simply/centralize management.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC