Re: PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: PostgreSQL
Date
List pgadmin-support
Mickey Shekdar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are switching our web booking engine vendor. The present vendor is
> using Microsoft SQL and the new vendor uses PostgreSQL.
>
> I have three questions and will appreciate your comments:
>
> [1] Will PostgreSQL perform better on Linux or Windows OS

The performance is better on Linux, last but not least because
it is developed and thus optimized there much longer then it
is natively available for windows. Also system management is a lot
more easy on unix like systems.

> [2] What is the best RAID configuration/number of dives you recommend

You should ask the vendor of your web booking engine, it really depends
much on the nature of the transactions. Also have a look in the archive
of the "postgresql general" - list, which is also much more appropriate
then this list here.

> [3] Is there a hosting company offering fully monitored/managed PostgreSQL

Yes, plenty. Please check the webpage of postgresql.org

Cheers
Tino Wildenhain

Attachment