Re: Need more reviewers! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Need more reviewers!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:19 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> All this would do is to deter people from submitting patches. Hard rules
>> like this don't work in FOSS communities. I know it's like herding cats,
>> but persuasion is really our only tool.

+1

> I don't *want* the rule, I just think we *need* the rule because
> otherwise sponsors/managers/etc make business decisions to exclude that
> aspect of the software dev process.

I agree that making sponsors/managers/etc aware of that aspect of the
dev process is necessary and worthwhile. However, I don't think a rule
for *patch submitters* helps with that. There must be other ways to
convince managers to encourage reviewers.

Regards

Markus Wanner