Re: WIP patch: Collation support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: WIP patch: Collation support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Radek Strnad wrote:
> - new collations can be defined with command CREATE COLLATION <collation
> name> FOR <character set specification>  FROM <existing collation name>
> [STRCOLFN <fn name>]
> [ <pad characteristic> ] [ <case sensitive> ] [ LCCOLLATE <lc_collate> ]
> [ LCCTYPE <lc_ctype> ]

How do you plan to make a collation case sensitive or accent sensitive?  I have previously commented that this is not a
realisticview on how

collations work.  Since you are apparently planning to use the system
locales, I don't see how you can make this work.