Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From RW
Subject Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime
Date
List pgsql-general
Normally we don't use the packages from the distributions. They're
mostly outdated and installation ov two or more versions of Postgres
isn't that easy normally in this case. We've a directory structure which
allows
us to  install and startup two or more versions in parallel. I haven't
tried this
but if you have two instances running (one 8.2 and the thoer 8.3)
you can try to install Slony migrating all the data through replication.
When all data is synchronized a shot downtime is needed to switch
between the two versions. Maybe this is a way to go...

Robert