Re: request for sponsors page - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: request for sponsors page
Date
List pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> No, I'm not because if you think we should start tracking and listing
>>> everyone that gives us five bucks then you clearly need to come in out
>>> of the sun for a while :-).
>> Why not?  It's the best way to increase the number of people who give us
>> $5.
>
> Well, someone giving three qualified answers to a mailing list inquiry on a
> user list is worth a lot more than five bucks of their time, and you surely
> don't want to include that in your listing.

If we use money as the qualifier for sponsorships listing anything less
than 5 - 10k is silly. We already provide thank you, hand shake, and
general acknowledgment. Here is the thing, most of the people that
contribute are already getting their return from:

A. The software
B. The kick butt community we have
C. What they sponsored

Generally speaking people don't sponsor PostgreSQL.Org. They sponsor
WEST, PGDay, PGEU etc... They are already getting their monies worth.
They don't even need to be on PostgreSQL.Org and frankly if they are
going to be on PostgreSQL.Org we need to greatly increase the cost of
our sponsorships.

Now moving "out" of the money side of things we have the real
contributions, code and man power.

CMD
EDB
Sun

etc...

Those entities should be on the web site. The only question is, where
and in what order.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake