Re: [ADMIN] Regarding access to a user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Regarding access to a user
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2008-08-21 11:12, Shashwat_Nigam wrote:

> I had done the same but still the problem is like that the user is
> able to access all the databases in the current server. Even the
> order is like same and if I comment the second line(all access) then
> the error is there.

You did issue "pg_ctl reload" or restart postgresql after making changes
to pg_hba.conf?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
    The pg_hba.conf file is read on start-up and when the main
    server process receives a SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file
    on an active system, you will need to signal the server (using
    pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read the file.

> Please provide solution for the same.

Please read the fine manual.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you